Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Teddy Bear Picnic

In the rain? Sure, why not. Another annual neighbourhood festival/parade, known as the Teddy Bear Picnic. They even have nurses on site to provide teddy checkups and prescribe them a clean bill of health. It started to drip in the morning, but thankfully never settled into full downpour.

terrible shot of me, but I am rarely in photos, so I have to take what I can get (and I am too lazy to edit it)

mounties and bagpipes to start. Not cliche or anything



James Dean of the Bear crowd


peanut gallery


a pirate Shriner. Whoda thunk it?

looking for the next big thing:

which was the Falun Gong marching band

We moved onto the fairgrounds to find some friendly faces


fun was had by all








showing off her massive intelligence - rings are mastered, so next = astro physics!

who thought this was a good thing to bring to a children's festival?

tensions are starting to run high

and on that note, bye bye!

3 comments:

  1. These are such fun moments - a few I really really liked such as the clown shot, the one of Keira with the toy bug thingie and the last shot. Oh and you look great - so hush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely photos! Love the look on her face next to the stuffed bear! Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time! I have never heard of such a thing... What was the occasion?

    ReplyDelete