Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

"Sock hands"

K has an obsession with socks. (and shoes, but that may be another post). For several weeks now, she has to hold a pair of socks when she goes to bed. We go through her bedtime routine, read her book, sing a song, turn uot the lights, tuck in, and then as I get to the door I will hear "shock. shock!" She won't settle until I give her a pair that she cuddles like a lovey.
During the day we also use socks to play with. She loves to put them over her hands and smack them together, like a little hand puppet. I will joke with her and say "are those your hand socks?"
So one morning a few weeks back, she woke up. we got dressed for a playdate in what is currently one of my favourite outfits for her. She insisted on putting her sun hat on in the house, AND placing her socks over her hands while she played. It was a good lesson for her in why opposable thumbs are such a great invention. We discussed the difference between humans and other animals who don't have opposable thumbs. She seemed impressed with evolution. I present to you, Sock Hands (also, a glimpse into my not so glamorous and messy living room):

No comments:

Post a Comment