I weighed her just this past Wednesday and she came in at 15 lb 2oz, give or take a few ounces. So she is holding steady right around the 50th percentile.
- she handily rolls front to back and back to front, though when she is tired she needs some help remembering where her hands need to go to make it happen
- she is *this* close to sitting up on her own for longer then a few seconds.
- she has complete control of her hands and now loves to grab onto anything we put in front of her, especially the remote control, the cell phone or my huge pint water glass.
- if we put pressure on her feet and dangle a "carrot" (ie her chew book) out of her reach she will wiggle worm her way to it. Hasn't figured out how to push her feet down and out yet on her own.
- she is stringing together consonant sounds quite handily (especially at 6am). We have illicited several baba's from her; Not sure what it means yet.
- And while saying mama gets me a sweet smile, she has yet to mimic me saying it.
Without further ado, her official 5 month photo:
Keira is 5 months, 1 week and 1 day old