Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

They always reel you back in

So I have been writing a "woe is me" post in my head for several days. Sleeping (more to the point, getting to sleep and then staying asleep) in our house is NOT going well and I am starting to lose patience. Tonight I was just trying to get K down and get a little bit of time for myself, when she decided to initiate peek-a-boo. She kept pulling her towel over her head and then would wait until I said "where is Keira" before pulling it off triumphantly and cackling. She hasn't done this before - we always have to get things started and guide the game a bit.

So of course my heart melted and I silently swore I would rock her to sleep for hours and hours all the days of her life if she would only stay my smart sassy lovely baby forever. Sigh, they certainly have killer timing.

She has also started resting her head on my shoulder when she is scared, tired or upset. While she is very affectionate with kisses and chatting, she has never been much of a cuddler, so I treasure any opportunity to hold her like that. Bliss!

And a few new photos from the fall; if you have me on FB you may have already seen these. Hope you don't mind the double posting!





Keira is 10 months, 2 weeks and 3 days old

No comments:

Post a Comment